You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Council on Foreign Relations Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Council on Foreign Relations Political Geography Latin America Remove constraint Political Geography: Latin America Topic Development Remove constraint Topic: Development
- Author: Patrick D. Duddy
- Publication Date: 09-2012
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Council on Foreign Relations
- Abstract: In the coming months, Venezuela could experience significant political unrest and violence that lead to the further curtailment of democracy in the country. Presidential elections are scheduled to take place on October 7, 2012. President Hugo Chavez is in the midst of a tough reelection campaign against Henrique Capriles Radonski—the young and energetic governor of the state of Miranda–– who enjoys multiparty support and appears to have a better chance of defeating the incumbent than earlier challengers.
- Topic: Political Violence, Democratization, Development, Fragile/Failed State
- Political Geography: Latin America, Venezuela