You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Centre for European Policy Studies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Centre for European Policy Studies Political Geography Britain Remove constraint Political Geography: Britain Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years
- Author: Michael Emerson
- Publication Date: 08-2011
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Centre for European Policy Studies
- Abstract: For the present UK government, full accession to the Schengen area, a passport- free travel area covering most of Europe, is a red line that it will not cross. Ireland shares a common travel area and land border with the UK and is also bound by this decision. However, it is becoming increasingly clear that the UK, along with Ireland, is suffering serious economic and reputational costs as a result of its separate visa and border management policies.
- Topic: Economics, International Trade and Finance, Markets, Regional Cooperation
- Political Geography: Britain, United Kingdom, Europe, Ireland