You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Centre for European Policy Studies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Centre for European Policy Studies Political Geography Balkans Remove constraint Political Geography: Balkans Topic International Organization Remove constraint Topic: International Organization
- Author: Péter Kovács
- Publication Date: 03-2002
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Centre for European Policy Studies
- Abstract: The subject of this paper is undoubtedly of paramount importance for a number of Central and East European countries. The image of a “Schengen Fortress” in statu nascendi is disappointing even for those who are enthusiastic about the accession of their countries to a unified Europe. There is a widespread fear – rational or not – that cross-border human contacts and travel possibilities from East to West will become more difficult than they were in the years following the fall of the Berlin Wall. The same feeling can be detected even in the Balkans, where certain countries also show symptoms of the “Schengen Fortress”.
- Topic: Government, Human Rights, International Organization
- Political Geography: Europe, Balkans