You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Bruegel Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Bruegel Political Geography Russia Remove constraint Political Geography: Russia Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic European Union Remove constraint Topic: European Union
- Author: Marta Dominguez-Jimenez, Niclas Poitiers
- Publication Date: 02-2020
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Bruegel
- Abstract: Most foreign direct investment into Russia originates in the European Union: European investors own between 55 percent and 75 percent of Russian FDI stock. This points to a Russian dependence on European investment, making the EU paramount for Russian medium-term growth. Even if we consider ‘phantom’ FDI that transits through Europe, the EU remains the primary investor in Russia. Most phantom FDI into Russia is believed to originate from Russia itself and thus is by construction not foreign.
- Topic: Economics, Energy Policy, Foreign Direct Investment, Governance, Sanctions, European Union, Global Political Economy
- Political Geography: Russia, Europe