You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution BRICS Policy Center Remove constraint Publishing Institution: BRICS Policy Center Political Geography China Remove constraint Political Geography: China Publication Year within 3 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 3 Years Topic International Security Remove constraint Topic: International Security
- Author: Filippo Cutrera
- Publication Date: 01-2020
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: BRICS Policy Center
- Abstract: The present paper has three main objectives: first, to show that, over the first decade of existence of the group, between 2009 and 2018, the BRICS have manifested an increasing interest in expanding their cooperation beyond the traditional areas of economy and development to the field of global security; second, to present the content of their common security agenda and how it has developed throughout this period; third, to identify the main factors influencing the agenda-setting process of the group as well as the main challenges to further advancement. The research will conclude that the high levels of informality in the group’s cooperation and heterogeneity in the interests of its members have enabled BRICS to formulate common positions and to establish cooperation mechanisms on a broad range of issues of international security.
- Topic: International Cooperation, National Security, Regional Cooperation, International Security
- Political Geography: Russia, China, India, South Africa, Brazil