You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Atlantic Council Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Atlantic Council Political Geography Eastern Europe Remove constraint Political Geography: Eastern Europe Topic Conflict Resolution Remove constraint Topic: Conflict Resolution
- Author: David L. Phillips
- Publication Date: 07-2008
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Atlantic Council
- Abstract: This report evaluates the international community's response to the conflict in Abkhazia. It recommends a package of immediate measures to the Georgian and Abkhaz sides to prevent the escalation of violence. As part of a multi-year strategy, it also suggests steps that Georgians, Abkhaz, and international stakeholders can take to lay the ground for future negotiations. In addition, the report proposes a diplomatic initiative by the United States and the European Union (EU) that would restore Georgia's sovereignty, while preserving the interests of Abkhaz.
- Topic: Conflict Resolution, International Cooperation, Sovereignty, War
- Political Geography: Russia, Eastern Europe, Georgia, Abkhazia