You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Atlantic Council Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Atlantic Council Political Geography China Remove constraint Political Geography: China Topic Regional Cooperation Remove constraint Topic: Regional Cooperation
- Author: Edward J. Lincoln
- Publication Date: 01-2006
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Atlantic Council
- Abstract: China ought to be able to produce a relatively high economic growth rate over at least the next decade. There are a number of problems confronting the economy, but one of the great lessons of the past half-century of world economic growth is how much growth can result even when economies have considerable institutional flaws. Economists usually speak about the need to get the “fundamentals” right to produce economic growth, but we should also keep in mind that nations need not get have a perfect set of institutions and rules to generate growth.
- Topic: Economics, International Trade and Finance, Regional Cooperation
- Political Geography: China, Asia