You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Aspen Institute Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Aspen Institute Political Geography America Remove constraint Political Geography: America Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic Economics Remove constraint Topic: Economics
- Author: Lisa Mensah, Raymond O'Mara III, Colby Farber, Robert Weinberger
- Publication Date: 02-2012
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Aspen Institute
- Abstract: The imbalance of too much debt and not enough assets fuels financial insecurity in many American households. Building Americans' household balance sheets should start with making savings and asset-building incentives more efficient and equitable. Although millions of working Americans currently receive little or no tax incentive to save, modest reforms to our tax code have the potential to dramatically improve their financial futures. The Aspen Institute Initiative on Financial Security (Aspen IFS) proposes the Freedom Savings Credit to create a more equitable and economically efficient savings system that will benefit millions of American households and the nation as a whole.
- Topic: Security, Debt, Economics, Financial Crisis
- Political Geography: United States, America