You searched for: Content Type Commentary and Analysis Remove constraint Content Type: Commentary and Analysis Political Geography America Remove constraint Political Geography: America Topic War Remove constraint Topic: War
- Author: Ephraim Kam, Zaki Shalom
- Publication Date: 08-2017
- Content Type: Commentary and Analysis
- Institution: Institute for National Security Studies (INSS)
- Abstract: Senior officials within the Iranian regime have long been convinced that American administrations have striven to infiltrate Iran’s internal system and topple the Islamic regime, and this impression has been bolstered of late. For its part, even if the Trump administration has not presented a defined position on regime change in Iran, it undoubtedly has a clear interest in this regard. Yet the US administration has no concrete ability to bring about regime change in Iran in the desired direction – not by supporting internal opposition forces, and certainly not through military intervention. If the Iranian regime does change in the future, it will presumably result from internal processes and not external intervention.
- Topic: War, International Security, International Affairs
- Political Geography: America, Iran