You searched for: Content Type Commentary and Analysis Remove constraint Content Type: Commentary and Analysis Publishing Institution Urban Institute Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Urban Institute Political Geography Botswana Remove constraint Political Geography: Botswana Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic Gender Issues Remove constraint Topic: Gender Issues
- Author: Fenohasina Rakotondrazaka Maret, Harsh Parikh, Rachel Wilder
- Publication Date: 07-2017
- Content Type: Commentary and Analysis
- Institution: Urban Institute
- Abstract: The United Nations designated 2017 as the International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development, and for good reason. The tourism industry generates 10.2 percent of global GDP and employs 1 in 10 workers. Women make up more than half of the tourism workforce, which makes the industry’s growth a unique opportunity to empower women across the world. But we need additional data to better understand how women intersect with this burgeoning industry.
- Topic: Gender Issues, Tourism, Women, Partnerships, International Development
- Political Geography: Africa, Botswana, Global Focus