You searched for: Content Type Commentary and Analysis Remove constraint Content Type: Commentary and Analysis Publishing Institution The Society for Historians of American Foreign Relations (SHAFR) Remove constraint Publishing Institution: The Society for Historians of American Foreign Relations (SHAFR) Political Geography Russia Remove constraint Political Geography: Russia Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic History Remove constraint Topic: History
- Author: Calder Walton
- Publication Date: 04-2019
- Content Type: Commentary and Analysis
- Institution: The Society for Historians of American Foreign Relations (SHAFR)
- Abstract: Spies, poisonings, Russian election meddling, disinformation, FBI scandals, international terrorism, weapons of mass destruction, mass surveillance, cyber espionage, and data harvesting: the use and abuse of intelligence is one of the most contested and scrutinized subjects in contemporary news and current affairs. It generates almost daily news headlines across the globe. For anyone on social media, it often seems as if barely an hour passes without another spy scandal breaking. Such scandals are the subjects of many heated dinner-party conversations on university campuses.
- Topic: International Relations, Intelligence, History, Diplomatic History
- Political Geography: Russia, United States