You searched for: Content Type Commentary and Analysis Remove constraint Content Type: Commentary and Analysis Publishing Institution The Begin-Sadat Centre for Strategic Studies (BESA) Remove constraint Publishing Institution: The Begin-Sadat Centre for Strategic Studies (BESA) Political Geography Turkey Remove constraint Political Geography: Turkey Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic International Relations Remove constraint Topic: International Relations
- Author: George N Tzogopoulos
- Publication Date: 06-2020
- Content Type: Commentary and Analysis
- Institution: The Begin-Sadat Centre for Strategic Studies (BESA)
- Abstract: Greece, Israel, and five other countries of the Eastern Mediterranean have established the East Med Gas Forum. Turkey is not a member and is employing its own muscular approach in the region. The US would like the Forum to be more inclusive, specifically toward Ankara. Athens and Jerusalem could launch a diplomatic initiative to explore Turkey’s participation, as they have nothing to lose and much to gain from such an initiative.
- Topic: International Relations, Foreign Policy, Diplomacy, Gas, Trade
- Political Geography: Turkey, Israel, Greece, Palestine, Mediterranean