You searched for: Content Type Commentary and Analysis Remove constraint Content Type: Commentary and Analysis Publishing Institution Rethinking Russia Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Rethinking Russia Political Geography France Remove constraint Political Geography: France Topic Geopolitics Remove constraint Topic: Geopolitics
- Author: Wu Fei
- Publication Date: 03-2018
- Content Type: Commentary and Analysis
- Institution: Rethinking Russia
- Abstract: UK has far-reaching strategic objectives to expel Russian diplomats for espionage. It has been aggressive to Russia for fear of a huge fall in its geopolitical status. Britain issued an ultimatum to the Russia after Skripal, the former Russian double agent, and his daughter Yulia were found poisoned and unconscious in Britain on 12 March. With no response from Russia, the Britain Prime Minister Theresa immediately announced that they will expel 23 Russian diplomats and command their departure in a week after report to Congress. Russia just indicates that they will take the same move as well.
- Topic: Diplomacy, Intelligence, Geopolitics, Soviet Union
- Political Geography: Russia, United Kingdom, Europe, France