You searched for: Content Type Commentary and Analysis Remove constraint Content Type: Commentary and Analysis Publishing Institution Rethinking Russia Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Rethinking Russia Political Geography France Remove constraint Political Geography: France Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic Bilateral Relations Remove constraint Topic: Bilateral Relations
- Author: Dimitri de Kochko
- Publication Date: 06-2017
- Content Type: Commentary and Analysis
- Institution: Rethinking Russia
- Abstract: The meeting of the Russian President with his French counterpart has testified to certain changes for the better. First, the anti-Russian sanctions regime imposed by François Hollande looks increasingly likely to be lifted. In addition, for all the arrogance of the French president, several statements allow us to hope for improved bilateral relations. He believes that he has the right to lecture Russia on how it should run its affairs. The French media immediately described his behaviour as an attempt to see “the sumptuous setting of the Palace of Versailles take Vladimir Putin’s breath away”.
- Topic: Bilateral Relations, Sanctions, Freedom of Press
- Political Geography: Russia, Europe, Eurasia, France