You searched for: Content Type Commentary and Analysis Remove constraint Content Type: Commentary and Analysis Publishing Institution Rethinking Russia Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Rethinking Russia Political Geography Britain Remove constraint Political Geography: Britain Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic Social Media Remove constraint Topic: Social Media
- Author: Emil Pevtsov
- Publication Date: 09-2017
- Content Type: Commentary and Analysis
- Institution: Rethinking Russia
- Abstract: Social media and especially microblogging are trending buzzwords in the public diplomacy scene. Disproportionate attention is paid to individual posts and trends on social media by the mainstream media. The best case are the tweets of Donald Trump, the president of the USA. They are reported on and analysed daily with unparalleled ferocity, with some outlets meticulously collecting all of the President’s social media comments. It has come to a point at which discussing social media is beating an already beaten up dead horse. Nevertheless, this weekend’s latest news requires comment and policy recommendation.
- Topic: Diplomacy, Geopolitics, Social Media
- Political Geography: Britain, Russia, Eurasia