You searched for: Content Type Commentary and Analysis Remove constraint Content Type: Commentary and Analysis Publishing Institution Political Violence @ A Glance Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Political Violence @ A Glance Political Geography Israel Remove constraint Political Geography: Israel Publication Year within 1 Year Remove constraint Publication Year: within 1 Year Topic Diplomacy Remove constraint Topic: Diplomacy
- Author: Jeremy Pressman
- Publication Date: 09-2020
- Content Type: Commentary and Analysis
- Institution: Political Violence @ A Glance
- Abstract: How do the Bahrain-Israel-UAE agreements signed on September 15 demonstrate a shift in the Arab-Israeli peacemaking paradigm? While the basic differences from past agreements such as the Egyptian-Israeli Peace Treaty (1979) are very significant, the new agreements also suggest a major shift for potential pathways to Israeli-Palestinian conflict resolution. Directly trading Arab normalization with Israel for Israeli concessions to the Palestinians is out; alternative pathways include everything from Palestinian surrender to Emirati persuasion to Israeli societal transformation.
- Topic: Diplomacy, Treaties and Agreements, Peacekeeping, Trade
- Political Geography: Israel, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates