You searched for: Content Type Commentary and Analysis Remove constraint Content Type: Commentary and Analysis Publishing Institution Political Violence @ A Glance Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Political Violence @ A Glance Political Geography Global Focus Remove constraint Political Geography: Global Focus Publication Year within 1 Year Remove constraint Publication Year: within 1 Year Topic Diplomacy Remove constraint Topic: Diplomacy
- Author: Benjamin E. Bagozzi, Ore Koren
- Publication Date: 03-2020
- Content Type: Commentary and Analysis
- Institution: Political Violence @ A Glance
- Abstract: At a time when global cooperation is needed more than ever, new research suggests that pandemics may weaken diplomatic connections between countries and lower the probability that nations will establish new diplomatic ties. Diplomacy is one of the most enduring forms of international political interaction. Administered through embassies, consulates, and their political and bureaucratic support staffs, on-the-ground diplomatic relations are a key tool for international political negotiation, cooperation, trade promotion, dispute settlement, foreign intelligence management, and cultural exchange.
- Topic: Diplomacy, International Cooperation, Communications, Peacekeeping, Negotiation, COVID-19
- Political Geography: Global Focus