You searched for: Content Type Commentary and Analysis Remove constraint Content Type: Commentary and Analysis Publishing Institution Mitvim: The Israeli Institute for Regional Foreign Policies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Mitvim: The Israeli Institute for Regional Foreign Policies Political Geography Israel Remove constraint Political Geography: Israel Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic International Security Remove constraint Topic: International Security
- Author: Dahlia Scheindlin
- Publication Date: 09-2016
- Content Type: Commentary and Analysis
- Institution: Mitvim: The Israeli Institute for Regional Foreign Policies
- Abstract: It is rare to hear any good news about conflicts de-escalating. This week, the world rallied around the implementation of a ceasefire between the notorious and shadowy FARC (Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia) and the Colombia government. The conflict has dragged on for over fifty years. The most obvious and optimistic point is that a long and bloody past need not be the future forever. But other useful points are emerging, for comparison and maybe inspiration.
- Topic: Conflict Resolution, International Relations, International Cooperation, Peace Studies, International Security
- Political Geography: Israel, Colombia, Palestine