You searched for: Content Type Commentary and Analysis Remove constraint Content Type: Commentary and Analysis Publishing Institution German Council on Foreign Relations (DGAP) Remove constraint Publishing Institution: German Council on Foreign Relations (DGAP) Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic Populism Remove constraint Topic: Populism
- Author: Milan Nič, Julian Rappold
- Publication Date: 03-2021
- Content Type: Commentary and Analysis
- Institution: German Council on Foreign Relations (DGAP)
- Abstract: The next months will show whether Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán can retain his influence in Europe even outside its largest political family. Having left the center-right European People’s Party before his party was finally pushed out, Orbán is now trying to regroup and unite the populist and Euroskeptic forces in European Parliament. What looks like a defeat could still be turned to his advantage if it leads to a lasting reshuffle of political alliances and strengthens illiberal voices.
- Topic: Politics, European Union, Populism, European Parliament
- Political Geography: Europe, Hungary