You searched for: Content Type Commentary and Analysis Remove constraint Content Type: Commentary and Analysis Publishing Institution Foreign Policy Research Institute Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Foreign Policy Research Institute Political Geography Eurasia Remove constraint Political Geography: Eurasia Publication Year within 1 Year Remove constraint Publication Year: within 1 Year Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic Armed Conflict Remove constraint Topic: Armed Conflict
- Author: Maximilian Hess
- Publication Date: 11-2020
- Content Type: Commentary and Analysis
- Institution: Foreign Policy Research Institute
- Abstract: Armenia’s accession to a Russian-mediated settlement with Azerbaijan over their long-running conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh, known as Artsakh to Armenians, on November 10 marks a major, perhaps irreversible, loss for Yerevan. But it is not just Armenian forces who stand defeated. It also marks the trouncing of a liberal approach to the region and the supremacy of realist power politics.
- Topic: Treaties and Agreements, Territorial Disputes, Armed Conflict
- Political Geography: Eurasia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Nagorno-Karabakh