You searched for: Content Type Commentary and Analysis Remove constraint Content Type: Commentary and Analysis Publishing Institution Finnish Institute of International Affairs Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Finnish Institute of International Affairs Political Geography Eastern Europe Remove constraint Political Geography: Eastern Europe Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years
- Author: Ryhor Nizhnikau
- Publication Date: 11-2016
- Content Type: Commentary and Analysis
- Institution: Finnish Institute of International Affairs
- Abstract: Moldova’s presidential elections offer no hope for change in a country run by a destructive and shortsighted elite. Igor Dodon won the elections, but the main victor in 2016 is the oligarch Vlad Plahotniuc, who has monopolized power in Moldova.
- Topic: Power Politics, Political Power Sharing, Elections, Democracy
- Political Geography: Moldova, Eastern Europe