You searched for: Content Type Commentary and Analysis Remove constraint Content Type: Commentary and Analysis Publishing Institution EastWest Institute Remove constraint Publishing Institution: EastWest Institute Political Geography America Remove constraint Political Geography: America Topic International Political Economy Remove constraint Topic: International Political Economy
- Author: David J. Firestein, Euhwa Tran
- Publication Date: 05-2017
- Content Type: Commentary and Analysis
- Institution: EastWest Institute
- Abstract: The EastWest Institute has released a new report on U.S.-China relations—"Alternative” Strategic Perceptions in U.S.-China Relations. The report lays out the differing strategic perceptions of the United States and China with respect to some of the most topical and challenging issues on the U.S.-China agenda today. These starkly differing perceptions inform and exacerbate actual policy and fuel mistrust and broad mutual strategic suspicion. By exposing the diverging perceptions of the two countries and bringing those perceptions into the fabric of bilateral discourse more explicitly and honestly, this report creates the basis for a more honest, substantive, constructive, fruitful and mutually beneficial dialogue.
- Topic: International Political Economy, International Affairs
- Political Geography: China, America