You searched for: Content Type Commentary and Analysis Remove constraint Content Type: Commentary and Analysis Publishing Institution Council of American Ambassadors Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Council of American Ambassadors Political Geography America Remove constraint Political Geography: America Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic Development Remove constraint Topic: Development
- Author: John Berry
- Publication Date: 09-2016
- Content Type: Commentary and Analysis
- Institution: Council of American Ambassadors
- Abstract: Over 200 years ago, one of our founding fathers Benjamin Franklin urged us to innovate, with the warning: “When you’re finished changing, you’re finished.” One of our greatest presidents, Abraham Lincoln, was not only a talented statesman, he was an inventor and tinkerer extraordinaire. Innovation lies at the very heart of what it means to be an American. From the beginning, our country was a grand experiment. We believed then—and now—that freedom plus hard work equals progress. Innovation, invention, and creativity help turn progress into success.
- Topic: Development, Diplomacy, International Cooperation, International Affairs
- Political Geography: America, Global Focus