You searched for: Content Type Book Remove constraint Content Type: Book Publishing Institution Institute of International Relations Prague Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Institute of International Relations Prague Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic Civil Society Remove constraint Topic: Civil Society
- Author: Karel Svoboda
- Publication Date: 12-2017
- Content Type: Book
- Institution: Institute of International Relations Prague
- Abstract: In 2017, the Czech foreign policy towards the Eastern Partnership countries continued in the trends of the preceding years. Nevertheless, both the Czech parliamentary elections and the pre-election campaigns for the 2018 presidential elections seriously limited the interest of Czech politicians in the problems of foreign policy. As in previous years, the Czech Republic conducted its foreign policy towards the Eastern Partnership countries through three basic channels: the EU, bilateral relations and the civil society sector. On the EU level, the Eastern Partnership summit in Brussels was the main event of the year regarding the EaP, with the Prime Minister Bohuslav Sobotka taking part in it. In the bilateral relations, Moldova’s Prime Minister Pavel Filip visited Prague, while unlike in the previous years, the Prime Minister did not pay a visit to any of the EaP countries (this was the case with both the original Prime Minister Bohuslav Sobotka and his successor Andrej Babiš). Moreover, Miloš Zeman also did not carry out any official visit to the EaP countries during the year. As a result, the main burden of the EaP policies was, as in the previous years, laid on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Topic: Foreign Policy, Civil Society, Bilateral Relations, European Union, Partnerships
- Political Geography: Europe, Czech Republic