You searched for: Content Type Book Remove constraint Content Type: Book Publishing Institution Institute of International Relations Prague Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Institute of International Relations Prague Political Geography South Korea Remove constraint Political Geography: South Korea
- Author: Rudolf Furst, Alica Kizeková, David Kožíšek
- Publication Date: 12-2017
- Content Type: Book
- Institution: Institute of International Relations Prague
- Abstract: The Czech relations with the People’s Republic of China (PRC, hereinafter referred to as China) have again generated more interest than ties with other Asian nations in the Asia Pacific in 2017. A disagreement on the Czech-China agenda dominated the political and media debate, while more sophisticated discussions about the engagement with China were still missing. In contrast, the bilateral relations with the Republic of Korea (ROK) and Japan did not represent a polarising topic in the Czech public discourse and thus remained largely unpoliticised due to the lack of interest and indifference of the public regarding these relations. Otherwise, the Czech policies with other Asian states in selected regions revealed balanced attitudes with both proactive and reactive agendas in negotiating free trade agreements, or further promoting good relations and co-operation in trade, culture, health, environment, science, academia, tourism, human rights and/or defence.
- Topic: International Relations, Foreign Policy, Bilateral Relations
- Political Geography: China, Asia, South Korea, Czech Republic, Asia-Pacific