You searched for: Content Type Book Remove constraint Content Type: Book Publishing Institution Berghahn Books Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Berghahn Books Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic Civil Society Remove constraint Topic: Civil Society
- Author: Anna Meeuwise, Roberto Scaramuzzino
- Publication Date: 12-2018
- Content Type: Book
- Institution: Berghahn Books
- Abstract: Notwithstanding its many successes since 1945, the project of European integration currently faces major difficulties, from financial crises and mass immigration to the impending departure of the UK from the European Union. At the same time, these challenges have spurred civil society organizations within and across Europe, revealing a shared public sphere in which citizens can mobilize around refugee rights, opposition to austerity policies, and other issues. Europeanization in Sweden assembles new empirical research on how these processes have played out in one of the continent’s wealthiest nations, providing insights into whether, and how, the “Swedish model” can guide European integration.
- Topic: Civil Society, Regional Cooperation, Europeanization, Integration
- Political Geography: Europe, Sweden, Northern Europe