You searched for: Publishing Institution Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Political Geography South Korea Remove constraint Political Geography: South Korea Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic Development Remove constraint Topic: Development
- Author: Diane De Gramont
- Publication Date: 11-2014
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Abstract: Domestic reformers and external donors have invested enormous energy and resources into improving governance in developing countries since the 1990s. Yet there is still remarkably little understanding of how governance progress actually occurs in these contexts. Reform strategies that work well in some places often prove disappointing elsewhere. A close examination of governance successes in the developing world indicates that effective advocacy must move beyond a search for single-focus “magic bullet” solutions toward an integrated approach that recognizes multiple interrelated drivers of governance change.
- Topic: Development, Diplomacy, Foreign Aid, Governance, Reform
- Political Geography: South Korea