You searched for: Content Type Journal Article Remove constraint Content Type: Journal Article Publishing Institution Center for Strategic and International Studies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Center for Strategic and International Studies Political Geography East Asia Remove constraint Political Geography: East Asia Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Journal Comparative Connections Remove constraint Journal: Comparative Connections Topic Intelligence Remove constraint Topic: Intelligence
- Publication Date: 01-2011
- Content Type: Journal Article
- Journal: Comparative Connections
- Institution: Center for Strategic and International Studies
- Abstract: Oct. 2, 2010: US Director of Central Intelligence (DCI) Leon Panetta makes a surprise visit to Seoul to discuss North Korean succession with President Lee Myung-bak. Oct. 6, 2010: US Assistant Secretary of State for East Asian and Pacific Affairs Kurt Campbell visits Tokyo to discuss strategies to deal with North Korea. Oct. 7, 2010: Secretary Campbell visits Seoul for talks on a wide range of issues. Oct. 8, 2010: South Korean Defense Minister Kim Tae-young meets Defense Secretary Robert Gates in Washington for an annual Security Consultative Meeting (SCM). Oct. 10, 2010: North Korean defector Hwang Jang-yop dies at his home in Seoul of an apparent heart attack at the age of 87.
- Topic: Intelligence
- Political Geography: East Asia, North Korea