- Russia's energy relations in Europe and the Far East: towards a social structurationist approach to energy policy formation
- Defending state-centric regionalism through mimicry and localisation: regional parliamentary bodies in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and Mercosur
- Actor-networking the 'failed state' - an enquiry into the life of concepts
- Expanding the Expansion of International Society: a new approach with empirical illustrations from West African and European interaction, 1400-1883
- Theorising the use of private military and security companies: a synthetic perspective
- Replies to Chris Brown's '"Human Nature", science and international political theory'