You searched for: Political Geography Gaza Remove constraint Political Geography: Gaza Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Publication Year within 1 Year Remove constraint Publication Year: within 1 Year Topic International Relations Remove constraint Topic: International Relations
- Author: Michał Wojnarowicz
- Publication Date: 05-2020
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: The Polish Institute of International Affairs
- Abstract: Russia is strengthening its relations with both the Palestinian Authority leadership and Hamas in Gaza Strip. It is part of Russia’s consistent strategy towards the Middle East to build a network of influence among regional actors and boost its image as an attractive political partner. In developing relations with the Palestinians, Russia exploits Israel’s sensitivity to Russian activity in Syria, poor relations between Palestine and the U.S., and the deadlock in the peace process.
- Topic: International Relations, Foreign Policy, Geopolitics, Grand Strategy, Hamas
- Political Geography: Russia, Eurasia, Middle East, Israel, Palestine, Gaza, North America, United States of America
- Author: Michal Yaari
- Publication Date: 03-2020
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Mitvim: The Israeli Institute for Regional Foreign Policies
- Abstract: This article focuses on relations between Israel and Qatar, analyzing them in historical context, in the context of Qatari foreign policy and in terms of their potential and the limitations imposed by the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. The article describes the shift from a mutual conception of hostility to unusual cooperation over the Gaza crisis. While Israel aspires to avoid additional rounds of violence with Gaza, Qatar seeks to strengthen its regional role as a mediator, and mutual interests converge into joint activity to avert an additional military clash between Hamas and Israel. The cooperation between the states illustrates how the Palestinian issue can leverage regional cooperation. At the same time, the untapped diplomatic, economic and civilian potential of Israel-Qatar relations points to the limitations imposed by the ongoing Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- Topic: International Relations, Foreign Policy, Diplomacy, Regional Cooperation, Economy, Conflict, Hamas
- Political Geography: Middle East, Israel, Palestine, Gaza, Qatar