You searched for: Publishing Institution The Polish Institute of International Affairs Remove constraint Publishing Institution: The Polish Institute of International Affairs Political Geography China Remove constraint Political Geography: China Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic European Union Remove constraint Topic: European Union
- Author: Damian Wnukowski, Artur Gradziuk
- Publication Date: 04-2014
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: The Polish Institute of International Affairs
- Abstract: At the beginning of 2014, the European Union and China launched negotiations on a bilateral investment treaty that would launch the next stage in economic relations between them. Although both approach numerous issues differently, they have also strong incentives to seek compromise. Reaching an agreement on investment topics could be a significant step towards creating a favourable environment for cooperation and resolving most contentious sticking points in bilateral relations in the near future. It could also become a template for future similar EU agreements.
- Topic: Economics, International Trade and Finance, Bilateral Relations, China, European Union
- Political Geography: China, European Union