You searched for: Publishing Institution The Polish Institute of International Affairs Remove constraint Publishing Institution: The Polish Institute of International Affairs Political Geography Australia Remove constraint Political Geography: Australia Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic European Union Remove constraint Topic: European Union
- Author: Damian Wnukowski
- Publication Date: 01-2016
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: The Polish Institute of International Affairs
- Abstract: Australia has a long history of immigration, including accepting refugees. Over the years, it has developed mechanisms and instruments that aim not only to help people in need but also to provide for the country’s stability and prosperity. However, in recent years some elements of Australia’s refugee policy, especially its approach towards the so-called boat people, have come under fire. Nevertheless, the solutions implemented by Australia should be part of the EU’s efforts to find ones useful for dealing with its current migration crisis.
- Topic: Human Welfare, Humanitarian Aid, Refugee Issues, Immigration, European Union
- Political Geography: Australia