You searched for: Publishing Institution The Cato Institute Remove constraint Publishing Institution: The Cato Institute Political Geography California Remove constraint Political Geography: California Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Topic Politics Remove constraint Topic: Politics
- Author: Peter Van Doren, Jerry Taylor
- Publication Date: 11-2004
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: The Cato Institute
- Abstract: Electric utility restructuring was initiated in the 1990s to remedy the problem of relatively high electricity costs in the Northeast and California. While politicians hoped that reform would allow low-cost electricity to flow to highcost states and that competition would reduce prices, economists wanted reform to eliminate regulatory incentives to overbuild generating capacity and spur the introduction of real-time prices for electricity.
- Topic: Economics, Energy Policy, Government, Politics
- Political Geography: California