You searched for: Publishing Institution Lowy Institute for International Policy Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Lowy Institute for International Policy Political Geography Africa Remove constraint Political Geography: Africa Topic Foreign Policy Remove constraint Topic: Foreign Policy
- Author: Glenn Denning, Joel Negin
- Publication Date: 12-2008
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Lowy Institute for International Policy
- Abstract: The new Australian government has made a significant commitment to increasing its overseas development assistance (ODA) from 0.3% of gross national income (GNI) in the 2007-08 budget to 0.5% of GNI by 2015/16. This represents a return to the levels last seen in the 1970s that were eroded over the 1990s and early 2000s (Figure 1). Depending on the projected economic growth rate, some estimates foresee a tripling of ODA from the mid-2000s to 2015/16.
- Topic: Foreign Policy, Development, International Cooperation
- Political Geography: Africa, Australia/Pacific