You searched for: Publishing Institution Istituto Affari Internazionali Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Istituto Affari Internazionali Political Geography India Remove constraint Political Geography: India Topic Energy Policy Remove constraint Topic: Energy Policy
- Author: Silvia Colombo, Ian Lesser
- Publication Date: 04-2010
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Istituto Affari Internazionali
- Abstract: The paper provides a summary of the key issues raised in the third meeting of the Mediterranean Strategy Group which was convened in Rome to discuss the problem of energy security and cooperation in the Mediterranean from a transatlantic perspective. The meeting looked into the impact of geopolitical and economic variables on energy security around the Mediterranean, including the role and interests of “new” actors such as China, Russia and India. It also examined the outlook for new oil, gas, nuclear and electric power transmission projects, the prospects for alternative energy schemes, and the implications for strategy and policy affecting governments and the private sectors.
- Topic: Security, Energy Policy, International Cooperation, Regional Cooperation, Natural Resources
- Political Geography: Russia, China, Europe, India