You searched for: Publishing Institution Future for Advanced Research and Studies (FARAS) Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Future for Advanced Research and Studies (FARAS) Political Geography Global Focus Remove constraint Political Geography: Global Focus Topic Terrorism Remove constraint Topic: Terrorism
- Publication Date: 08-2017
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: Future for Advanced Research and Studies (FARAS)
- Abstract: Three European states and Russia were hit by a flurry of six terrorist attacks over five consecutive days during this month of August. A primary driver of the attacks appears to be a desire to deal a series of strong blows to these states in response to the human and material losses suffered by ISIS in Iraq and Syria after it withdrew from Mosul City and retreated in Raqqa City. Similar attack patterns and targets as well as similar identities of the perpetrators of some attacks are what recent attacks appear to have in common. This indicates that the group is trying to adapt and de- velop its tactics, as revealed by investiga- tions into the August 17 Barcelona attack.
- Topic: Terrorism, International Security
- Political Geography: Global Focus