You searched for: Publishing Institution Center for a New American Security Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Center for a New American Security Political Geography United States Remove constraint Political Geography: United States Topic Security Remove constraint Topic: Security
- Author: Phillip Carter, Katherine Kidder
- Publication Date: 01-2015
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Center for a New American Security
- Abstract: Military, Veterans, and Society Program Director Phillip Carter and Research Associate Katherine Kidder examine the growth of military compensation in the post-Cold War era, from 1990 to 2015, as well as the social contract America has with its All-Volunteer Force, and the ways in which monetary compensation should be considered as part of a broader talent management strategy for the armed forces. The policy brief presents an opportunity for the nation to assess its social contract with the All-Volunteer Force and adjust (if necessary) to meet the national interest and sustain its most critical national security asset.
- Topic: Security, Economics, Labor Issues, Military Affairs
- Political Geography: United States