You searched for: Publishing Institution Center for a New American Security Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Center for a New American Security Political Geography East Asia Remove constraint Political Geography: East Asia Topic Security Remove constraint Topic: Security
- Author: Alexander Sullivan
- Publication Date: 06-2015
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Center for a New American Security
- Abstract: The United States and Taiwan are both approaching presidential elections in the next 18 months amid an environment of growing security tensions throughout maritime Asia, especially due to China’s tailored coercion. At the same time, regional politics are developing in such a way that stability across the Taiwan Strait cannot be taken for granted in the future. In this policy brief, Alexander Sullivan, an Associate Fellow in the Asia-Pacific Security Program, charts major challenges that the United States and Taiwan will face in the maritime domain over the medium term and offers a series of policy prescriptions to capitalize on opportunities and mitigate risks.
- Topic: Conflict Prevention, Security, Maritime Commerce, Bilateral Relations, Territorial Disputes
- Political Geography: East Asia