You searched for: Publishing Institution Arnold A. Saltzman Institute of War and Peace Studies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Arnold A. Saltzman Institute of War and Peace Studies Political Geography Israel Remove constraint Political Geography: Israel Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic Islam Remove constraint Topic: Islam
- Author: Austin Long
- Publication Date: 09-2012
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Arnold A. Saltzman Institute of War and Peace Studies
- Abstract: The possibility of Israeli military action against the Iranian nuclear program has existed since at least 2002. However, beginning in the fall of 2011, Israeli rhetoric and international concerns about military action against Iran have reached unprecedented levels. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Ehud Barak began to proclaim that Iran was nearing a “zone of immunity” to Israeli attack and therefore Israel would have to act soon. In contrast, former heads of Israel's foreign and domestic intelligence services question the utility of such an attack.
- Topic: Conflict Resolution, Diplomacy, Islam, Nuclear Weapons, Sanctions, Nuclear Power
- Political Geography: United States, Iran, Middle East, Israel