You searched for: Publishing Institution American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research Remove constraint Publishing Institution: American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research Publication Year within 3 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 3 Years Topic International Organization Remove constraint Topic: International Organization
- Author: Joseph Antos, Robert Moffit
- Publication Date: 07-2018
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research
- Abstract: Medicare’s financial outlook has deteriorated in the past year, according to the latest annual report by the program’s trustees. The Medicare Hospital Insurance trust fund is projected to be depleted in 2026, three years earlier than estimated in last year’s report. That understates the policy challenge. Every year, the program relies more on general revenues to cover its costs. In total, Medicare will receive $324 billion in general revenues this year. That will more than double by 2026. Prompt action is needed to put Medicare on a sound financial footing.
- Topic: International Organization
- Political Geography: Global Focus