You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Political Geography Liberia Remove constraint Political Geography: Liberia Publication Year within 3 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 3 Years Topic Conflict Prevention Remove constraint Topic: Conflict Prevention
- Author: Lucie Collinson, Andrew Winnington, Mary Vriniotis
- Publication Date: 01-2016
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Small Arms Survey
- Abstract: Studying the evidence related to the burden of injury of a population is a critical component of developing strategies to prevent and reduce violence. In many countries around the world, national observatories have been established to collect data to measure and monitor armed violence in an effort to inform and strengthen evidence-based armed violence reduction initiatives. These observatories collect data on violent incidents to enhance awareness of the extent and distribution of armed violence in varying geographic and socio-economic settings. An observatory’s ability to inform effective violence prevention strategies depends in large part on the efficient collection and timely sharing of quality data (Gilgen and Tracey, 2011).
- Topic: Conflict Resolution, Conflict Prevention, Armed Struggle
- Political Geography: Liberia