You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Political Geography Europe Remove constraint Political Geography: Europe Publication Year within 1 Year Remove constraint Publication Year: within 1 Year Publication Year within 3 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 3 Years Topic Defense Policy Remove constraint Topic: Defense Policy
- Author: Hans Binnendijk, Daniel S. Hamilton, Charles L. Barry
- Publication Date: 08-2019
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Center for Transatlantic Relations
- Abstract: The NATO Alliance faces simultaneous dangers to its east, to its south, and from a series of security challenges unbounded by geography, at a time when disparate allied responses to a host of challenges are tearing the seams of European unity and American political figures have even questioned the need for NATO. Europe risks turning from an exporter of stability to an importer of instability. The vision of a Europe whole, free and at peace is challenged by a Europe fractured and anxious. The Alliance must be revitalized for the new world rising before us. An overarching Alliance strategy must rely on NATO’s ability to provide a full spectrum of deterrent and defense tools to provide collective defense for all of its members, together with an ability to project stability and resilience beyond its borders using an array of tools for crisis management.
- Topic: Defense Policy, NATO, International Cooperation, Nuclear Weapons, Partnerships, Alliance
- Political Geography: Russia, Europe, North America