You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development Remove constraint Publishing Institution: The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development Topic Agriculture Remove constraint Topic: Agriculture
- Publication Date: 11-2006
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- Abstract: A traditional objective of agricultural support policy was to increase production or maintain it at a certain level. Consequently, almost all policies were closely linked to production. Tariffs, export subsidies and other methods were used to support market prices, farmers were given direct payments for boosting production and governments subsidised items such as fertilisers.
- Topic: International Relations, Agriculture, Development, Economics