You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution SETA Foundation for Political, Economic and Social Research Remove constraint Publishing Institution: SETA Foundation for Political, Economic and Social Research Political Geography Europe Remove constraint Political Geography: Europe Topic Foreign Policy Remove constraint Topic: Foreign Policy
- Author: Talip Küçükcan, Müjge Küçükkeleş
- Publication Date: 04-2012
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: SETA Foundation for Political, Economic and Social Research
- Abstract: As a staunch ally of NATO whose actions were easy to predict, Turkey did not attract much attention as a foreign policy actor until a decade ago. The increasing activism of Turkish foreign policy and the greater initiative taken by Turkish elites have raised interest in Europe. After overcoming the first wave of bewilderment and irritation at Turkey's independent foreign policy initiatives, Europeans have started to develop a more nuanced approach towards the specifics of Turkish foreign policy. Currently, debates over Turkey are not confined to EU accession discussion alone. Instead, they consider the implications of Turkey's more assertive foreign policy as well.
- Topic: Foreign Policy, NATO, Islam
- Political Geography: Europe, Central Asia, Turkey