You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution SETA Foundation for Political, Economic and Social Research Remove constraint Publishing Institution: SETA Foundation for Political, Economic and Social Research Political Geography Europe Remove constraint Political Geography: Europe Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Topic Government Remove constraint Topic: Government
- Author: Yusuf Sevki Hakyemez
- Publication Date: 05-2008
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: SETA Foundation for Political, Economic and Social Research
- Abstract: This policy brief aims to discuss the limits of the freedom of political parties in Turkey. The political party bans consitute one of the most important problems threatening the freedom of political parties in Turkey. The restrictions on the political parties come to the fore in two different forms: dissolution after the military coups and closure by means of legislation. In the current context of the case opened against the AK Party, it may be possible and advisable to apply an amendment, bringing Turkish jurisprudence in such matters in line with the standards of the European community.
- Topic: Democratization, Government, Politics
- Political Geography: Europe, Turkey, Middle East