You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Oxfam Publishing Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Oxfam Publishing Political Geography South Asia Remove constraint Political Geography: South Asia Topic Agriculture Remove constraint Topic: Agriculture
- Author: Charlotte L. Sterrett
- Publication Date: 11-2011
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Oxfam Publishing
- Abstract: Despite all its progress over the last quarter century, South Asia remains home to four out of every 10 of the world's poor ; 600 million of South Asia's 1.5 billion people live on less than $1.25 per day. Almost half the children below five are underweight, accounting for more than half of the world's undernourished children. Imbalances in economic growth, inequality among castes, classes, between genders, and a region beset by disasters, have added to the suffering of the poor and those most vulnerable and marginalised.
- Topic: Agriculture, Climate Change, Environment, Industrial Policy
- Political Geography: South Asia