You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Oxfam Publishing Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Oxfam Publishing Political Geography Latin America Remove constraint Political Geography: Latin America Topic Democratization Remove constraint Topic: Democratization
- Publication Date: 09-2013
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Oxfam Publishing
- Abstract: Land distribution in Colombia is extremely unequal, with concentration of land ownership among the highest in the world, and second highest in Latin America after Paraguay. Inequality in access to land is closely linked to rural poverty, and is both a cause and a consequence of the internal armed conflict that has ravaged the country for more than half a century. During this period, violence and forced displacement have caused dispossession involving up to 8 million hectares – more than the area currently devoted to agriculture throughout the country.
- Topic: Agriculture, Democratization, Economics, Reform
- Political Geography: Colombia, Latin America