You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Oxfam Publishing Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Oxfam Publishing Political Geography Afghanistan Remove constraint Political Geography: Afghanistan Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Topic Humanitarian Aid Remove constraint Topic: Humanitarian Aid
- Publication Date: 02-2011
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Oxfam Publishing
- Abstract: Effective aid helps save lives, protect rights and build livelihoods. Yet in conflicts and politically unstable settings from Afghanistan to Yemen, lifesaving humanitarian assistance and longer-term efforts to reduce poverty are being damaged where aid is used primarily to pursue donors' own narrow political and security objectives. This is not only undermining humanitarian principles and donors' development commitments; it impacts on the lives of some of the most vulnerable people affected by conflicts and natural disasters.
- Topic: Security, Humanitarian Aid, Poverty, Natural Disasters, Foreign Aid
- Political Geography: Afghanistan, Yemen