You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Lowy Institute for International Policy Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Lowy Institute for International Policy Political Geography Washington Remove constraint Political Geography: Washington Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Topic Democratization Remove constraint Topic: Democratization
- Author: Malcolm Cook, Craig Meer
- Publication Date: 04-2005
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Lowy Institute for International Policy
- Abstract: Taiwan is in the middle of a deep social transformation that is redefining the way its people identify themselves, how it sees its place in the world and, most urgently, its relationship with China. Taiwan's metamorphosis, and China's reaction to it, are making it more difficult to maintain peace across the Taiwan Strait. Washington and its regional allies, including Australia, need to understand these changes better and to incorporate responses to them into their policies.
- Topic: International Relations, Democratization
- Political Geography: China, Washington, Taiwan, Asia, Australia