You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution European Union Institute for Security Studies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: European Union Institute for Security Studies Political Geography France Remove constraint Political Geography: France Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic Defense Policy Remove constraint Topic: Defense Policy
- Author: Ben Jones
- Publication Date: 02-2011
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: European Union Institute for Security Studies
- Abstract: The St. Malo Agreement on European Defence Cooperation of 1998 set out a new approach to defence cooperation in pursuit of a new goal – an autonomous European military capability. By contrast, the Franco-British cooperation launched in November 2010 by Prime Minister Cameron and President Sarkozy is once again a new approach, but it is one that seeks to sustain the status quo – in support of sovereign foreign and defence policies.
- Topic: Defense Policy, Arms Control and Proliferation, Bilateral Relations
- Political Geography: United Kingdom, Europe, France